Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tulip Festival

Last week I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point, and it was beautiful! I have actually never been to the gardens there before, so it was a fun treat, even though it was windy and really pretty cold, and I was unprepared for that. Tyler came with, and took most of these pictures so I could try to finish up a roll of film(!) I still have a bunch of half used disposable cameras lying around...and I have a little diana camera I've been trying to figure out.

We happened upon this little goose family on the path, and papa goose was very defensive until they got in the water. What a perfect springtime scene!

Luckily he just happened to have 2 quarters, so we could each get fish food! It was so cool, they really gather for those little pellets, and there were a lot of fish!



A pretty little prospect. I love the trees like that, although they don't have a very beautiful name.
There is nothing I like more than a little color organization.

I was trying to get a photo of all tulips that I could print to hang in my room, but this is the closest I got with the Nikon.
I had to take a photo of this because this tulip looks so much like a peony that I have to remember it! It's so beautiful, and if I can grow these, that will save me some money in the future, I'm sure!
I like this garden because it looks like a couple at Versailles, but prettier! It's oh so European, and definitely made me wish I was headed to Europe soon (oh what could have been!)

Ha, this was a funny point in our visit, and this is very beautiful, isn't it? I wish the raised beds weren't quite so high, though. but what a nice place to sit that is!

4 comments:

Nana J said...

Oh...my...goodness. I wish I could have seen it this year.

meagan said...

I was so sad I didn't make it up to see the tulips this year.

But you know, if you ever want to plan an epic trip -- to Europe or otherwise -- maybe for this fall? You know who to call!

Amy said...

How do you feel about south America?

meagan said...

I feel very good about it (:

I was considering joining a friend on her England to Italy to Greece trip in early September until I remembered Ian is going to be 19 in September!

So, I think I'm going to postpone that to the spring and want to do something else this fall. Maybe Octoberish? Ian should have his call in the next few weeks and I'll know more then. Let's talk!