Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A New Perspective

sometimes Heavenly Father puts people in your life long before you end up really, truly needing them...before what they offer you in your relationship really shows itself. I am grateful for those people, who I've been able to build relationships over years, so that when I really need to hear something, they know me well enough, or are in tune enough with what the Spirit is telling them, that they can deliver a message that I need. Especially when it's unexpected.
I'm sure I need them for a lot more in life than that one thing, but I hope they need me just as much, or that I am contributing as much to their life as they are to mine!


On a different note, I've been thinking a lot about the only real "what if" I have in my life, and all I can conclude about it, is that I wish I were more brave. So, I am going to try to be more brave in the future. I don't believe in living wit regrets. What we decided, how we act, and what we do-they're a part of who we are, and we can't undo them, or change who we are-we are who we are because of what experiences we have. The best we can do is learn from them. So, here's to being brave when you're afraid, trusting when it's easier to doubt, and stepping out on a limb from a safe ground.

AND exercising a little self confidence! I think we're always inclined to think less of ourselves than others think of us, and isn't there just something wrong with that?

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ames I miss you! When are you coming to LA again?