Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Today I finished a crafty little project I've been wanting to do for a while.





In 2009, when mom, dad, Sarah and I were in Prague, we happened upon (and really couldn't avoid) the Easter market.


It was beautiful, and incredibly interesting. But it gave me some inspiration for something I've wanted to do since then: an Easter tree!


We try to keep fresh flowers in our apartment, but our windows don't get any sun, so any plants we get die, and cut flowers only last for so long.


So, last week my roommate Jaclyn and I headed to the park and found some tree trimmings, so I brought them in, and today I painted them, and added some spring decorations.



I wanted to add more flowers to it for fun, but these purple ones were all I had left from the wreath I made.

One night mom and I were doing nothing. (I think.) and she had a coupon for Thai Pan that I tried to steal for a wreath...only the one the I wanted cost $120! Umm, no thanks. I figured I could make one just as pretty, and in the end made one a little more colorful. At first I couldn't decide if I liked it really or if it was ugly or cheap looking, but in the end, I like it a lot. PLUS, it adds a cheery dose of color to our front door, and identifies our apartment as a place where fun lives.

Holy cow, I don't know where all this crafting is coming from, but it's a little bit fun.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! Love the Easter tree. Camille's family always did one, so when she lived with me, she had one.
And I love your flower wreath. It's so pretty!

Diane said...

That tree is so cute..and I love the wreath. It turned out great. I'm sure it adds alot to your front door!

Amy said...

I thought I'd seen one at your house at some point...I vaguely remembered it.