Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rodney Smith

Have I written about him before?

It was probably 5 or 6 years ago when I first heard of him. He had an exhibit at BYU, and I fell in love.

His photos have so much whimsy and delight in them. But they're also so beautiful.

One of my art wishes is to own his book. But I don't have a spare $800 right now...although I guess if it really were my top priority I could not take vacation for a year and own it. but no, that's absurd, right? right? yes.

Or even a print! I would choose this one or this one. Because that second one was the cover of the guide to his exhibit, and I may or may not still cherish it like it's a real print.

I admire him. I also like to read his blog and get insights into his life. I know that's kind of creepy stalkery since I don't even know him. But that's basically what blogs are for anyways, so I don't feel bad about it.

No comments: