Friday, March 11, 2011

Last night I gave my presentation at our weekly MITE night.

It seems like it went well. I was really nervous that people wouldn't find it interesting, but quite a few told me they enjoyed it. (yay!)

I loved doing it, presenting, teaching about something I love so much.

A group of people in my ward is heading to Europe at the end of April-if I'd known a little earlier I would DEFINITELY have been on board with it. Already today I was looking at airfare, but I just don't know if I can justify it.

I think I'd rather save a little more and do something different-a south African adventure? an outback getaway? a tropical escape? I'm not sure. But after looking at all that art, I ache to be in Europe again, traipsing around charming cities, saoking in the history, the sun and filling my heart and my eyes with the museums!

oh well.


On a brighter side, today I bought the most beautiful dress from Banana with giftcards I received from work. (yay for a nearly free dress!) I'm convinced it will be my go-to the whole spring and summer. It must be. You can dress it up with a cute belt, some wedges, or ooh, a sparkly cardigan or dress it down with a t-shirt and sandals.

and my last thought for the day. I went to Forever 21 on my break yesterday, and all I could see were things that looked like they were made by hippies who only had access to pioneer fabrics. gross.

3 comments:

Nana J said...

Beautiful dress. I hear the siren song of the museums in Europe also. Sadly, we have this big thing called a mortgage....

Diane said...

I'm sorry I missed it. You told me it was a long way off but didn't tell me the date. I also hear those songs. I think the Met in NY will have to do. Or the Guggenheim or MOMA...

Amy said...

ooh, let's go to NYC! I know, I thought it would be a long way off. But I'll do it again for you, mama. any time.

I think one day we need to take a Roberts women trip somewhere-anywhere. All together. How much fun would that be? a lot.