Thursday, August 12, 2010

So, I am currently in limbo.

Staying at my parents house-everything in boxes trying to find a place to live.

Granted, I could have been giving it a little more effort all along.

However, I am optimistic.




enough about that.


I am excited about education week next week. I had completely forgotten that I had already taken the time off of work until it showed up on my calendar a few weeks ago. (yay!)


Last time I was there I learned:
-that it's practically a commandment (from the way the instructor presented it) to make yourself more beautiful if possible.
-that every woman should own a pair of nude shoes
-that every woman looks good in coral and teal
-about how to remember more things (this clearly did not work, I have gotten ridiculous at remembering things if I don't write them down and look at them daily)
-about the brother of jared.

and other things I don't remember, so I didn't really learn.

This time I am excited to learn about:
-testimonies of christ through paintings and sculptures
☺☻♥♦♣6♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄☺‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼ (wow! look what I just figured out when you hold alt and use the 10 key-that's cool)
-more about the apocrypha which I find really fascinating


oh, and I'm going to this class about how to overcome my fears of dating-which I must have because I'm still single :) but one of the days is on how to deliberately fall in love. I'm going. Mostly I want to see what they say, and see if hey, maybe it is true, and partly because I want to give this information to a friend of mine, who REALLY should go hisself.

And on Thursday (cutting into my education week time) is Lagoon with my ward and my bff ANG before she heads to Peru to dig up long dead things for 5 months!



It's not like I'm her mother or anything. But I am SO PROUD OF HER! I just wanted to tell the world.


I'm even more proud of my sister SARAH because she is taking classes and moving herself towards her goal and masters program and excelling at it. Well done, Sarah!


I'm constantly impressed by the people around me. They are so motivating.


My new job is hard. I haven't been challenged like this in a while. It's pretty frustrating, and refreshing. It's been a long time since the feedback I got at work was anything other than "great, wonderful, perfect." So, it's difficult to hear "unacceptable, fix it, make them work or get rid of them" but I will only grow, and so will my team. The problem is I'm now in charge of something that hasn't been done correctly for over a year, and some of the people there are very resistant. but it's okay. I'm a teacher, and a coach. It's what I do best. Pretty soon, we'll be hearing "perfect, show others, that's what I want to see!"

*Pretty soon is a relative term...I'm hoping to hear those by Christmas...or MAYBE Thanksgiving.

No comments: