Thursday, April 01, 2010

Tonight, I got my crafty on.

This is the result: Hannah and I spent a couple of hours "wallpapering" (actually, yes, papering the walls) my dining room with leftover paper from our new marketing campaign at work.

The first square! Go us!
The first row, wasn't so bad.

Hannah and I with the final result. Don't mind my wings, it happens.


Hannah demonstrates our fine quality measuring and cutting skills. Yes, we did cut all the way around our lightswitch.



The Final result. I wish I'd taken a before, but it was covered in a fabric wallpaper and had a bunch of nails in the wall and dry wall screws.
We're putting a big mirror on the right wall, and moving the light fixture with a hook so it's centered and we can line everything up.

See the confessional screen in the 2nd picture? Man, I wish we could tear it out. This house we live in has a LOT of potential, but we rent, and we're 3 girls, so our style is so different.
We also came up with some house rules:
1. No making out in bedrooms or hallways, that is what the living room and basement and front steps are for. (okay, not the front steps...)
2. You have to be okay with walking around in undies, it happens.
3. The house is called the house of the beautiful brunette bombshells, which means you have to be a brunette to live here. sorry blondies.
4. We share, but that doesn't mean you can take whatever you want.
5. there is no limit to the rules we can make.

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Wow. Your dining room looks incredible. Also, I love that picture of you.

Nana J said...

Great job of repurposing. I love it. I also adore your new masthead on your blog.

Amy said...

Thanks, Liesl! I LOVE it!

and Thanks, Denise. I love that picture, I feel a bit like Mary Poppins.

Jess said...

I love the wallpaper and the rules. Awesome.