Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Everyone is concerned that figure skating is an art form, not a sport."

So says the commentator. But I, for one, am not concerned. I am fine with it being either, or both. But I am not okay with the feathers on the man gloves. I know it's an art form, but can't you have a masculine outfit and be a figure skater? The feathers are completely unnecessary. Even if they were designed by Vera Wang. (that being said, I thought his lines were really nice.)

STOP. NOW. Moving on. okay, no. just to other Olympic Sports.
The downhill thing the women are doing right now looks scary, but Lindsey, you look so weird/creepy doing your visualization, why did the cameras follow you? good luck, although, this really has already happened. I'm just watching it delayed, like half of the world. oh! two crashes in a row! icky. These ladies are BRAVE. A faceplant at 70 miles per hour? that's so sad. I'm pretty sure that if I had the stick-to-it-iveness to ever reach the olympics (or some other competetive level) in some sport (ha!) that something like that would surely happen to me.

Also, those poor curlers-do you think they ever hear the end of it?

1 comment:

Josh said...

Blades of Glory. My perception of ice skating in a nutshell.