Sunday, May 16, 2010

There's a creepy noise coming from the garage/kitchen area, but I'm too chicken to go check it out.

I'm wide awake because since I was really tired today (because I was up way too late last night and way too early this morning) so i did the really awesome thing to do: which is drink Dr. Pepper.
Did you know I used to LOVE Dr. Pepper, and stopped drinking it about 2 years ago, and only drink it rarely? I heard a doctor on TV (I know, very smart of me) say that the soda we drink is one of the worst things women do to their bodies, so I stopped (and I heard one of my aunts once say her doctor said it was bad, so I went with it-I mean, that's 2 sources people).

So today, when I was at work, exhausted-I guzzled a large Dr. Pepper, and now, even though I am exhausted, I am awake. So instead of putting away my laundry like a good girl, I am making lists and forwarding emails to coworkers and thinking of all that I need to do tomorrow, when instead, if I would just go to sleep I would remember it all tomorrow anyway.


here: you can know, too:
-print off a paystub (so I can go shopping in Vegas with my discount!)
-pack ( oops!)
-hang up the rest of my clean laundry
-submit payroll (ick!)
-church (yay!)
-charge zune (hello movies on the drive!)
-try to look decent for church-right now I don't even care what I'll look like tomorrow, but tomorrow I will, and I'll want to look cute-although there is no one I'm trying to impress except myself-and that is a fun challenge each week.
-take a gift to someone before I leave
-leave a note for my team
-forward conference call and meeting agenda for the next week (not gonna lie-probably not going to get done-but this is just something I wanted to do-not required, so I guess that's okay)
-be charming and collected, look beautiful, stay awake, and relax!

VACATION!!!!!!


Holly just came in and said "I've decided anyone who makes a list like this! (holding up a piece of paper) for a 3 day trip is high maintenance!" she points. I smile, and point at my paper- which looks almost exactly like hers. Except, instead of headings over my categories, I just have them separated out into separate sections of the paper. you know: clothes, toiletries, entertainment, shoes, etc. that way, you are sure not to forget anything. The first thing that went in my bag-my swimming suit and pool cover up-I don't care if I forget everything else except my wallet. Those are the necessities.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Ah the days of Dr. Pepper, I remember them well. Have fun in Vegas. I'm coming up to Utah July 1-4 for my cousin's wedding, maybe I can see you then!

Nana J said...

Have a great time! We look forward to stories and pictures on your blog :-)