Saturday, January 02, 2010

I love words that start with "WH" whit, which, whimsy, But especially whimsy. (see following post for evidence to that fact)

So, about a year ago I fell in love with the movie Penelope. Well, part of it. yes it has a really fun story, yes it has what's his face in it...I can't think of his name right now. Yes it's eqal parts funny, charming, romantic and whimsical. But what I REALLY love about it is the way Penelope dresses. And ever since then, I have tried to introduce an element of whimsy into my dress. Generally I do that by mixing bright colors in strange ways, or with a fun flowered headband or fun earrings. But a few things I've been seeing are driving me crazy. They look like so much fun to wear! And, I love that there are so many wonderfl things in the world to make things around you more fun: check out that lamp! It just looks fun to be around. For example:




Maybe that is also why I LOVE fireworks, balloons and Christmas lights so much. They're just whimsical.


While we're on the subject, I also love my favorite photographer, and I have just had the epiphany...this is why I love him: LOOK at the level of whimsy he brings to life.




*from Rodney Smith

I just also think that whimsy (besides being such a wonderful word and so fun to say) is something that is missing a little too often in people and in their lives. I wish you a little whimsy in your day.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ames I love that movie!