Thursday, February 26, 2009

Angels of Excellence

So, remember a long time ago, and I was super stressed out because I can't say no and I was doing so much stuff for work?
Well, it's okay because my company (heart) loves me!
Every year, Victoria's Secret runs a recognition program for store managers, co-managers etc. Based on store performance throughout the year in all possible categories, the top 102 store managers, something like 10 District Mangers 2 or 3 Regional Managers get to go on a kind of retreat with the EVP's and attend seminars and classes that are oh-so-motivational and also get pampered. Be excited because this year, when I totally had 4 weeks and 75 spots to gain I ended #101. That's right ladies and gentlemen! This year from April 20-24th I will be enjoying a fantastic getaway courtesy of the company that loves me and my store. But I am also VERY excited for the goody bag. Coach, Kate Spade, Tiffany, Dooney and Bourke are all awesome contributors to goody bags from years passed. Maybe since it's a lean year for many companies the goody bag won't be as awesome, but you won't find me complaining. I am happy to be with a company that appreciates and recognizes effort-on all levels.


Where AOE was last year: The Hotel Coronado




And the year before: Bacara Resort and Spa





Yes, thank you, I WILL stay a week at a spa/resort like one of these and enjoy the sunshine, special treatment and hobnobbing with all the VIP's. Thanks very much!

4 comments:

Nana J said...

Yay, you! As long as VS doesn't take any bailout money ( :-) ) go and have a great time! Congrats.

Sarah said...

Wahoo!! I hope that means you can still come to see ME! If not, it's cool... I will still love you, and I'll bring home a keychain for you. {smirk}
I'm so so proud of you--I know it took a lot of hard work and you absolutely deserve the recognition and pampering (and sunshine). Mwah.

Diane said...

I am so proud of all your hard work and dedication. You Deserve this! That store doesn't know how blessed it is to have you. I think Don does tho! Have a wonderful time. I hope we can work things out for Europe too!

Jess said...

I am horribly jealous. You deserve it though due to all your hard work. Congrats.