Thursday, February 04, 2010

Petticoat Brigade

I've decided I need to take some Mission Prep sunday school classes. I often get opportunities through work to share the gospel in small ways-usually when people ask why I'm not drinking or why I'm (gasp!) still a virgin... However, I usually do horribly, I feel. I think I get the point across, but I think I could do it a much better way. The last conversation I had about the word of wisdom ended with one of the people saying..."so, your prophet is a doctor too?" ummm...uh-oh. How do you explain it without getting into prophets, modern day revelation, Joseph Smith and all the things to give the backstory? I only had a few minutes.

However, at least they now have a better understanding of mormons than what they get watching "Big Love..." At least living my life is a little bit of missionary opportunity-right?

No comments: