Tuesday, February 09, 2010

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!


  • There is a TV series on KBYU that's called Monarchy: the Royal Family at Work. How did I not know this? I love the Monarchy! I would become British in a hot minute. I sat down an hour ago to watch (what I thought was a one time thing) a documentary about the Queen coming to Jamestown for the 400th anniversary of its founding, only to hear at the end "next time on Monarchy: the Royal Family at Work..." what? yes! I am a happy camper. (oh no! it's only a 6 part mini-series...oh well. DVR that!) I love the history of the British monarchy. To this day, my favorite souvenir from my first trip to London is a book about the history of the monarchy and magnets of all the monarchs faces. I pull it out every few months and brush up on my knowledge and remember all the fun stories. But for sure the 14-17th centuries are my favorites. EASILY. I want to meet the Queen. I know lots of people do, but man, I REALLY want to do something impressive or become famous just so Ican meet the Queen and also buy whatever shoes I want and buy a house with my own furniture to put in it. Those are the things I would do if I were impressive.



  • Today I had a great day. I really did. My head still hurts, but I managed to figure out that a little advil/excedrin concotion goes a long way. but it was a nice day-I had a nice long sunshine-y run in SHORT SLEEVES THROUGH THE PARK! I did grown up responsible things, I took a nap, I even showered, visited with a good friend, ran into another one, discovered a show about the monarchy and discovered I fit into a pair of jeans that didn't used to fit. Oh, and right after heaven on TV is 19 kids and counting! yes. I LOVE the Duggars. But I am glad I'm already too late to have THAT many kids. (wow, can you just believe their communication skills? I think they are great! and also, their last baby was born 3 months early? I can't even imagine.)



  • Ummm, I used to be really good at making cookies. It was my forte. But now, not so much. Every time I try to make them they turn out *blegh* BUT I think it's the oven in the house I'm in...because my roomie Holly, hers turn out *blegh* too. They always look deliious and then collapse like crazy-anyone out there know a solution I could try?



  • It's only 10 DAYS until the Billy Joel/Elton John Face to Face tour. (Mom, aren't you excited!!!!!?????!!!!!??? I guess it's cool...) I thought it was in March, but I wasn't sure, so I googled it today. wahoo.



  • I have been researching flights to visit my friend Meagan------> (the one who knows more words than I ever will) and am excited to nail down dates-I'm going to buy my ticket next Tuesday I think!



  • Bed calls. yes! I love it.

I don't know where I found this beautiful depiction of Spring. But don't you love it? I SURE DO.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations on the jeans! I had the same exact experience on Saturday, and it was wonderful! Yay for us and also for running!

Liesl said...

Man, I need to start running. I really, REALLY need to start running. We should do it together.

Diane said...

Oh am I excited! In fact I just checked the web last night also to see when the night was! Let's get started on planning an awesome day/evening!

Nana J said...

I love PBS, too. If you go to PBS.org you can see some of their most recent programs. You can also see a few on fancast.com. PBS's most recent version of Emma is much better than the one with Gweneth Paltrow.

Jess said...

I love the monarchy as well. The Orem library has an interesting DVD series called Monarchy that begins in 1066 and continues through Elizabeth I. I highly recommend it. I would become British if I could keep American dental, health, and food. I love your picture for the Spring.

PretandMeg said...

I, too, love the British Monarchy. Buckingham Palace was one of my favorite places in London. I would love to see your book. Masterpiece Theatre did a pretty good show about Elizabeth (I think that is the title as well) that I got from the SL County Library. You might find it in Orem, though.