Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wish me Luck!

Last weekend I submitted an application for a merchant-in-training program.
I have loved working in retail and decided to take the opportunity to try to change the direction of my career into more of the home office direction. It is very competitive, and if I get in it will be the biggest compliment! There are a lot of rounds of interviews ahead of me (if I get through the first round!) but I couldn't pass this opportunity by.

Being accepted means going through a 7 week training program being partnered with a senior merchant, ending with the opportunity to become a junior merchant for one of our brands.

and relocating to either Columbus, OH or New York, New York.

We'll see how it goes. Either way, I'm excited that I took this step!


*most people are familiar with a merchant as a BUYER, or the people who decide what the stores will carry for each season.


who knows? maybe in a year or two you'll be buying things I picked out for the store to carry!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Exciting! You have great taste, so I'm sure you'd be great at that job.