Sunday, January 10, 2010

What time is it? SUMMER TIME!

...Or it might be roughly 4 in the morning. I may have woken up an hour and a half ago, after a VERY refreshing hour and a half of sleep...4.5 hours before my alarm was to go off...I tried rolling over, I tried counting sheep, I tried imagining nothing but solid navy blue surroundings (That usually does the trick), I tried reading, I tried reading NUMBERS THE MOST BORING BOOK IN THE BIBLE and I am still wide awake, so I am trying to pretend like I don't want to sleep, because that's usually when I fall asleep fastest. Was that the longest sentence in the world? It felt like it. Except you know who writes the longest sentences in the world? Virginia Woolf. Just saying. And this sentence is pretty long, too. If you're really in a hurry, just skip to 15 seconds...you can stop listenting after he finishes talking...


Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthemagnetic musical sounds-the Mainstreet Electrical Parade...

(in case you missed what he was saying-deosn't it just go on and on and on? I LOVE IT!!! nice use of adjectives...

If I don't fall asleep again soon, I'm going to get up and make some cupcakes. This is ridiculous.

So, if I post pictures of some ugly cupcakes tomorrow you'll know why...ooh. Pumpkin sounds nice. It's still okay to eat pumpkin, right? Even though the autumn season is over?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Next time forget Numbers. Just read 1 Nephi 1. It's so ingrained in your mind already that it will be like a lullaby. That's how it works for me, anyway. :) That familiar repetition...

Amy said...

that's true...the whole first chapter-I sometimes really dislike starting at the beginning and just wish i could start in Jacob 6.