Monday, April 06, 2009

Here. safe. At least...

My first hour in France was not my favorite, let's be honest. I didn't know my sister couldn't met me at baggage claim, so I started freaking out internally when Ididn't see her, but we had made plans just in case, so that was fine. I mean, I know I'm a grown up girl, and I can handle myself. But still, it's a little scary. Then I sat and waited, and waited, and waited for my luggage, until the carousel stopped moving, and every bag had been claimed. But, I was hopeful that maybe it would come. But it didn't. My luggage had not come off the plane, or was being sifted through or something as I was waiting. This, by the way is the luggage I took:
Not exactly conspicuour nor easy to lose, but whatever.
Then, since I couldn't see my sister and had no luggage, I thought I would try to call her. Only I didn't yet have any euros, so I tried to use my credit card (the only one I brought, the only one I have) but they said they couldn't verify the billing address so I couldn't complete my call. Well, I lost it. So by the time I made it out to the area where Sarah actually could meet me, I was totally crying. I'm sure I looked super pathetic in day and a half old traveled in wrinkly clothes, crying.
However, I will say it was a happy reunion, because I was never so happy to see her in my whole life! I have missed her a lot, and it is nice to be here with her.

She helped me get back into baggage claim, since I couldn't find the desk before, and I walked through the whole process with an agent, they told me I had 100 euros to spend and give the recipt to Air france, sine I had nothing. So I did. I bought a skirt and shirt, and dress, so two ouftits. Not bad. But annoying, none the less.

HOWEVER, they called this morning (thank goodness, because two nights of dreaming about changing clothes and all the things I can never replace was enough) to say they found my bags, and I am so excited. They're bringing them today, which is why I am blogging, because now, I have to be here for them to bring them. But I can definitely think of worse things to be doing with my time right now.

No comments: